Pravin Gandhi College of Law is an institution under the aegis of the Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal and affiliated to the University of Mumbai, which is organizing a One day National Conference on Entertainment Law Jurisprudence on Thursday, April 12, 2018 in the college premises.
- Objectives of the Conference:
A platform to explore the complex legal principles emanating from the diversified socio-legal-political-cultural matrix of entertainment law both in the domestic and international domain shall be provided in the conference.
An opportunity to compare, critique and discuss the law regimes around entertainment in its myriad forms and to examine the intertwined threads of State control, statutory obligations and human rights issues that cocoon entertainment laws shall be furnished. The above objectives are sought to be achieved by having panel deliberations of eminent persons in the field and discussions followed by paper presentations.
Selected research papers will be published in an ISBN publication.
The conference solicits unpublished, original and quality work on the following sub-themes:
- Entertainment Laws and Democracy
- Constitutional Rights
- Human Rights
- Employment Rights
2. Entertainment Laws and Liability
- Criminal Liability
- Civil Liability
- Vicarious Liability
3. Entertainment Laws and Gender Issue
- Gender Justice
- Representation of women
- Harassment and Sexual exploitation
4. Entertainment Laws and IPR
- Contractual obligations
- Creative commons
5. Entertainment Laws and Sports
- Media Rights
- Sports Leagues
6. Entertainment and Internet
- Regulation of OTT applications
- Net Neutrality
7. Entertainment Laws and Advertisement
- Celebrity endorsements
- Legal Regulations
- Consumer protection
8. Entertainment in Tourism
- Adventure Tourism
- Animal Rights
This list is indicative and papers on allied topics are welcome.
– Guidelines for Paper Submission
- Original, unpublished papers must be submitted that may be on empirical, doctrinal, theoretical, or case study basis.
- Every entry has to be accompanied with a 300 word abstract and a separate cover page with: Title of the paper, Name of the author/ co-author(s), designation, institution, address, contact number and email id.
- Word limits: 3000 for short articles; 6000 for full length papers.
- Citation style: footnotes, ILI, please click on link to access the guide given here.
- Papers must be in MS-Word (.doc or .docx formats) ,A4 size, with 1 inch margins, Font size 12, Footnotes 10; Font type: Times New Roman; Line spacing 1.5
- Soft copies of the Research Paper should be submitted at: –[email protected]
- All Papers will be reviewed by a panel of eminent experts and selected entries will be published in a book with an ISBN number.
- In case of non-selection of paper the registration fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Participants whose paper is not selected for publication are eligible for attending the conference as well as paper presentation.
- TA/DA and accommodation will not be provided by organising institution.
- The conference schedule will be e-mailed by the first week of April, 2018.
- Authors of papers selected for presentation will be informed by March 31, 2018
– Mode of Payment:
- DD/Pay Order in favour of Pravin Gandhi College of Law payable at Mumbai.
- Cash at college counter.
- Online Payment to Pravin Gandhi College of Law,
DENA Bank, Current A/c: 013111001690, RTGS,
IFSC Code: BKDN 0460131
Juhu Vile Parle Branch, Mumbai.
– Important Dates
Last date for Registration: March 22, 2018
Last date for acceptance of entries: March 22, 2018
Date of Conference: April 12, 2018
– Registration Fees
Paper submission (single author): 1200 INR
Paper submission Co-authored papers (maximum of two authors): 1700 INR
Only Participation: 500 INR
Asst. Prof. Mrs. Anju Singh – 9819106956
Asst. Prof. Ms. Apurva Thakur – 9765421775
Asst. Prof. Mrs. Nadisha Vazirani – 9224226146
Mr. Hemant Shetye (Librarian) – 9930931813