CONFERENCE ON ‘PROTECTION OF RIGHTS & DIGNITY OF WOMEN IN DIGITAL ERA’
Karnataka State Commission for Women, Government of Karnataka, Bangalore,, in association with Seshadripuram Law College, Bangalore.
About the Conference:
The Constitution of India cherishes the goal of gender equality. Today we live in a world of infinite and flowing internet and communication technology. The modern era has facilitated social change, cultural reproduction leading to redefinition of gender relations. Technology has facilitated gender equality and women empowerment by dissolving the old basis of discrimination. However, even after seventy years of independence, equality is a myth and potential threat to rights of women continues. But there was transformation with increasing crimes against women. In modern digital era, we get to see the two faces of the society where one side women are respected and on other they are exploited to the core. Women have left no stone unturned, they serve from kitchen to the Space which proves their capabilities. Inspite of their achievements, they are not given their due status in the society. We still see injustice being meted out to them. Therefore a pressing need is felt to understand the rights of women and to analyse the efficacy of legal provisions in digital era by Karnataka State Commission for Women & Seshadripuram Law College.
Sub – themes:
- Role of Constitution in upliftment of women
- Rights of women under personal laws
- Role of State Commission for Women in protection of dignity of women
- Empowerment of women through technology
- New age crimes against women
- Role of social welfare legislations in providing amenities to women
- Challenges to women entrepreneurs – work life balance
- Role of institutional mechanisms for protection of women
- Status of women in live-in relationship
- No Registration Fee
- Publication Charges Rs.500/- per author.
- DD from nationalised bank is to be drawn in favour of Principal, Seshadripuram Law College, payable at Bangalore.
Registration and Submission dates:
Last date for registration with DD for Paper Presentation along with full paper is 10th July 2017. Separate registration is required for co-authors. Conference proceeding will be published with ISBN. Paper should be sent to [email protected]
Date of Conference:
29th of July, 2017
For more information, click here.