Precedenti is a bi-annual publication of Jus Dicere Center of Research In Law that provides in-depth coverage of the issues that are of great importance to private practitioners, judges, corporate lawyers, government attorneys.
Precedent aims to focus on legal issues currently being debated. In order for this objective to be fulfilled, the Board of Editors of Precedent welcomes submission of original articles, case comments, book reviews on the aforesaid lines. The Board of Editors may also solicit contributions.
Please refer to the Instructions for Authors section below before submitting an article. Precedent invites authors to submit manuscripts under following heads:
An article is a thorough analysis of current legal issues currently being debated in India or abroad that could have an impact on India. These can be submitted in two formats
The word limit for articles is between 2,500 to 3,500 words excluding footnotes for being considered for publication. Long articles: The word limit for articles is between 4,000 to 5,500 words excluding footnotes for being considered for publication.
A book review should focus on either an autobiography authored by a lawyer which could inspire aspirants and practitioners in the legal field or focuses on a practical issue that is important to know in the legal profession. For instance, a book review on a book that deals with how to bill clients or how to understand a judge’s mind etc. The word limit for book review is between 1,000 to 2,500 words for being considered for publication.
A case comment should be a composite comment on some of the leading judgments by various Indian and International courts. The word limit should be between 1,000-1,500 words for being considered for publication.
Precedent will procure contributions for publication in form of Articles, or Book Reviews as rolling submissions for its forthcoming issues as per the following guidelines
- Call for Entries – June 15, 2017
Last Date of Submission – July 15, 2017
- Declaration of Result – Before, July 30, 2017
- Last Date of Payment – It will be mentioned in selection mail
- Date of Publication – August to September, 2017
- Dispatch of certificates – September 15, 2017
- The work submitted shall be original and unpublished. Plagiarism of any kind is prohibited.
- Maximum Co-Authorship of two persons is allowed.
- Every paper, article or Case Comment should have an Abstract not exceeding 300 words.
- The Abstract should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and may have a maximum of five keywords in alphabetical order separated by commas.
- The title of the paper should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 14, Bold and Center-Aligned followed by the names of the authors along with their Affiliations in Size 12 as Footnotes.
- A margin of 1 inch (2.54 cm) should be left on all the sides.
- All articles/book reviews submitted should be typed in font Times New Roman with font size 12, line spacing 1.5’; Justified.
Footnotes cited in the manuscript should be typed in font Times New Roman with font size 10, line spacing 1’; Justified.
- The text and citation must confirm to the 19th Edition of the Bluebook: A uniform system of citation.
- Provide a cover letter including your name, school or affiliation, title of your manuscript, address, telephone number and email address.
- The manuscripts should be submitted online in a MS Word format document at [email protected]
For query contact at:
[email protected] or+ 91 (0) 8744099951/ +91 (0) 8754918368
Visit website for more details.