The NLUJ Law Review invites original and previously unpublished manuscripts for Volume 3, Issue 2 from academicians, practitioners and students. The remit of the Review is designed to include both short and long works to provide an opportunity for the members of the legal fraternity to keep abreast of new ideas and the progress of legal reform.
Last date for submission is October 2, 2015.
About the Review
NLUJ Law Review is the flagship journal of National Law University, Jodhpur. It has been established with the objective of promoting legal research. The Review seeks to provide a platform to analyse and encourage a meaningful discussion on the various facets of contemporary legal and policy-related issues, whether national or international.
It is a bi-annual, double-blind student reviewed, and student-edited journal focusing on an inter-disciplinary approach towards legal writing.
Nature of Submissions
We welcome submissions under the following categories
- Articles (6000 – 10000 words, including footnotes)
The articles category is designed to include works that comprehensively deal with and provide a sustained analysis of various legal topics. The contributor is encouraged to undertake a study of emerging issues and the progress of legal reform in that area.
All articles should be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 250 words.
- Essays (4000-6000 words, including footnotes)
In an essay, as compared to an article, the contributor may have more liberty with respect to the content. More than the comprehensive study of the law involved, the issues must be addressed from a new perspective providing a critical insight.
All essays should be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 250 words.
- Short Notes and Comments (3000 – 4000 words, including footnotes)
An important feature of the Review is the ‘Notes and Comments’ section, in which the contributors analyse recent judicial decisions, new legislations, and current law reform proposals.
Short notes should be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 200 words. No abstract is required for Case Comments/Legislative Reviews.
- Other Submissions (1500-3000 words, including footnotes)
The Review will also assess submissions which do not fall under the above-mentioned categories. This may include Book Reviews, responses to earlier publications or any other matter of practical importance.
No abstract is required for Book Reviews or other such submissions.
- Authors shall make all submissions in Word format (‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’) as an e-mail attachment to [email protected], with the subject ‘Submission of manuscript’. PDF/other formats will not be accepted.
- The main text of the paper should be in font size 12, Garamond, 1.5 line spacing and footnotes in font size 10, Garamond, 1.0 line spacing.
- Deadline: The submissions must reach latest by October 2, 2015.
- Text and citations should conform to A Uniform System of Citation (20th ed. 2015) (“The Bluebook”). Footnotes are strongly preferred over endnotes.
- Co-authoring of papers is permissible only for ‘Articles’ and ‘Essays’. Co-authored papers/papers with multiple authors should not exceed more than two authors.
- All works must be original and unpublished, and not pending for review before any other journal. Any form of plagiarism will lead to disqualification for publication in the .
- Please adhere to the word limit. Submissions that exceed the word limit will not be accepted.
- Please indicate your name, contact number and any other information you deem important, in the body of your email. Your name, affiliation or any other identifying information should not be included in any part of the submission.
All questions and queries can be addressed to [email protected].