Ethnic diversity and ethnic conflicts are two burning issues of the North Eastern states of India at present. The root cause of this problem is the assertion of identity and superiority by various ethnic groups in the region over the rest of the society. It has led to social insecurity, disharmony in the region finally posing a threat to the National integration and National security of our country. We hope the seminar will provide the members from different fields of study, especially the academicians, researchers, scholars, media persons an opportunity to arrive at a consensus regarding the problem through interaction and discussion. The outcome of the seminar will greatly help the society and the government to address these burning issues in a more effective and pragmatic way.
VENUE: Tyagbir Hem Baruah College, Jamugurihat, Sonitpur, Assam
WHEN? 29th & 30th August, 2013
THEME: “ETHNIC DIVERSITY IN THE NORTH EASTERN STATES AND PROBLEMS OF SOCIAL AND POLITICAL UNREST”
- Ethnicity and Identity Crisis
- Ethnic Cleansing and Socio- Political Violence
- Ethnic Diversity and Scope for Cultural Studies in North East
- Ethnic Diversity and Literature
- Ethnic Unrest and Economic Development
- Any other topic related to the main theme
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE:
Research papers are invited from the scholars, researchers, academicians and the members of NGOs and Media focusing on the sub-themes.
- The abstract should not exceed 300 words.
- Two soft copies and a hard copy of the paper should be submitted
- Typing format: A4 Size, double space, Times New Roman with 12 point front size.
- Paper contents should be the following sequences: Introduction, Objectives, Hypotheses(If Any), Methodology, Findings, Recommendations and Conclusion.
[NOTE: Papers can be written either in ENGLISH or in ASSAMESE.]
ABSTRACT DEADLINE: 31st July, 2013
- Participants with Paper: Rs. 400.00
- Students, Research scholars and members of NGOs etc. with paper : Rs. 300.00
- Participants without paper : Rs. 200.00
Accommodation will be provided to the outstation participants on their request. The participants are requested to confirm their participationon and requirements of accommodation before 10 days of the schedule of the seminar.
Abstract/ Full paper should be sent to :
Dr. S. Hazarika, Principal
THB College, Jamugurihat,
P.O- Karchantala, Sonitpur, Assam, Pin-784189
Dr. Jayanta Baruah, Co-ordinator,
National Seminar Organising Committee,
THB College, Jamugurihat, P.O- Karchantala,
Email : [email protected]
For more details and REGISTRATION FORM, visit HERE