Symbiosis Contemporary Law Journal and Symbiosis Student Law Review are double-blind reviewed refereed annual academic journals, published by Faculty of Law, Symbiosis International University through Symbiosis Law School in association with the International Publishing house LexisNexis that seeks to provide a forum for creation and publication of original knowledge on various contemporary areas of Law. The Editorial Board consists of experts and scholars of International and National repute.
Symbiosis Contemporary Law Journal welcomes publications from academicians, practitionersand experts from within the legal community. Symbiosis Student Law Review is entirely dedicated to articles by undergraduate, post graduate and doctoral students of law.
The Journals are currently soliciting submissions for Volume 2 Issue 2, which will be published in December 2013. The submission deadline is 30th July 2013.
Volume 2 Issue 2 of both the Journals shall be devoted but not limited to the following broad themes:
1. Constitutional Law
2. Corporate Law
3. Tax Laws
4. Competition Law
5. Media Law
6. Intellectual Property Rights
7. Technology and Law
8. International Humanitarian Law
9. Environmental Law
10. International and Comparative Law
4. Case comments/ legislative reviews
Co-authored papers / Papers with multiple authors should not exceed more than TWO authors
- Authors are encouraged to use UK English in submissions.
- Articles and Short Notes must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 300 words. No abstract is required for Book Reviews or Case Comments/Legislative Reviews.
- All works must be original, undistributed and unpublished. The research papers should not be plagiarized wholly or in part from any sources. Symbiosis Law School reserves all rights for debarring the contributor from any further publication with Symbiosis Law School if plagiarism is detected beyond reasonable levels.
- The electronic copy of submissions has to be made to [email protected] for SymbiosisContemporary Law Journal and [email protected] for Symbiosis Student Law Review. Contributors must submit their work in MS Word format (.doc or .docx extensions), Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing with font size of 12 for main text and 10 for footnotes with single-line spacing. PDF/other formats will not be accepted. Contributors must also submit their work in Hard Copy on intimation from SLS, Pune of the selection of their respective submissions to the Publication Committee, Symbiosis Law School,Senapati Bapat Road, Pune- 411004. The hardcopy should be sent along with the Copyright Declaration attached with the call for papers.
- Contributors are required to provide full details for correspondence: postal address, phone numbers and email address. Mention the title of the submission once in the beginning of the write up, followed by the author’s name. The Author details including qualifications and institutional affiliations should be provided in the first footnote of the article, referenced from the author’s name below the title of the paper. The Submissions should not contain borders, cover pages or title pages.
- The copyright in the individual articles shall be at all times remain vested in contributors and SLS, Pune shall hold copyright over all published materials
- References should be footnoted in Harvard Bluebook 19th Edition format.
- The Selection criteria focus on the ability of the author to present a critical analysis of contemporary issue and to propose suitable/appropriate solutions for it. A selection committee shall be set up by Symbiosis Law School to take the final decision regarding the publication amongst all the research papers. The decision of the Editorial Committee as regards publication of any articles accepted by it shall be final.
- An intimation regarding selection shall be sent to the author within two-three weeks of the submission of their papers.
- The submission deadline (electronic copy) is 30th July 2013.
- Articles: Rs. 5000/-
- Short Notes: Rs. 3000/-
- Case Comments/Legislative Reviews: Rs. 2000/-
- Book Review: Rs. 2000/-