The National Law School Of India University has stepped ahead in conducting a Two Day International Seminar on ‘Enforcement Trends of Arbitral Awards: A Comparative Perspective’ in the month of July, 2018
RATIONALE OF THE SEMINAR
This Two Day International Seminar has aimed at introducing the field of arbitration and reconciliation at a wider perspective in international commercial level, intending to deal with the distinctions and similarities exist in common and civil law countries in accordance with the enforcement of Arbitral Awards, laws relating to international commercial disputes, in the light of Arbitration and Conciliation Act. The Two Day International Seminar on Enforcement Trends of Arbitral Awards intends to look at these matters from an analytical lens and understand the practical implications of such legal developments in the area of international commercial arbitration.
THE SEMINAR PRESENTATIONS AND PAPERS ARE ATTRACTED TOWARDS:
1. International Commercial Arbitration: Issues and challenges
2. Domestic legal framework on commercial Arbitration: Recent developments, issues
and challenges, comparative perspectives
3. Challenging a foreign arbitral award in domestic courts: Law and Procedures
4. Enforcement of foreign arbitral award: Process, issues and trends
5. Distinction and similarities in the enforcement trends of arbitral awards in common
and civil law countries.
6. International investment arbitration: Framework and challenges
7. Bilateral Investment Treaties and Arbitration: Developments, issues and challenges.
8. Impact of changes to Arbitration law on foreign arbitral awards and enforcement
THE SEMINAR ATTRACTS INTERESTED LEGAL; practitioners, arbitrators, academicians, research scholars, solicitors, attorneys, advocates and students
DEADLINES TO BE NOTED
Abstract Submission: 25th May, 2018
Communication for Acceptance of Abstract: 30th May, 2018
Submission of Full Length Papers: 15th July, 2018
Last Date for Registration: 5th June, 2018
Date of Seminar: 27th and 28th July 2018
GUIDELINES FOR PERFECT PRESENTATION:
- Abstracts and papers should be submitted as Word documents, with a covering letter containing the name and designation of the author(s), and should be emailed to the email addresses listed below.
- Abstracts of not more than 500 words
- Original work free from plagiarism
- There can be maximum only one Co-author.
- Short articles: 3500 – 5000 words (inclusive of foot notes)
- Long articles: 8000 words (inclusive of foot notes)
- Uniform mode of citation (20th edition of The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation is recommended).
- After peer review, select papers/articles will be published by NLSIU.
Seminar Registration: Rs 6000/- per author / per participant. [Non- Residential]
Registration fee covers the following: Admission to all sessions, Conference material, Tea/Coffee and lunch during the designated breaks for the duration of the conference.
Email: [email protected]
OFFICIAL BROCHURE: Download Here