ABOUT: The National Seminar on “Insurgencies and Development” to be organized by the Centre for Jawaharlal Nehru Studies, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi (India), aims at bringing together the researcher, academia, policy makers, civil society organizations, industry representatives and other scholars to an international forum for the dissemination of original research results, new ideas and practical experiences which concentrate on both theory and empirics.
THEMES: The conference will solicit both theoretical and empirical research papers associated with Seminar themes. The tentative themes of the seminar are as follows:
- People/Civil Society Testimonies
- Social Construction/Representation of insurgency and insurgent (with emphasis of changing dimensions)
- Development as Counter-insurgency /Representation and Strategies of Counter Insurgency
- Indian Tribal Experience.
- Insurgent Media and Media Counter Insurgency
- Re-ordering governance and policy in the light of insurgencies.
- Global insurgency, popular discontent, International Response
SUBMISSION: Authors are advised to submit their paper electronically in MS Word format to email: [email protected]
Papers will be blind refereed and revised version of selected papers will be published in a special issue of center’s journal “History and Sociology of South Asia” and/or an edited book.
IMPORTANT DEADLINES: Abstract Submission 31st August, 2013
Paper Submission 30th November, 2013
Notification for Accepted Papers 31st December, 2013
Seminar Date 28th and 29th January, 2014
FINANCIAL SUPPORT: Participants are expected to bear travel cost. The organizers will bear expenses of local hospitality. In select cases, partial/full grants may be extended to one author depending on the availability of funds. In such cases, the participants are advised to apply separately with reasons for seeking grants. However, the final decision will be taken by organizers depending on the merits of seeking grants and on the availability of funds.
For more details visit here