Umeed Initiative is a Non Government Organization registered under Section 60 of the Indian Trust Act vide registration no. 3281, Book No.4 Vol. 3141 of 2013.
We are pleased to present the inaugural issue of our Biannual Journal on Law and Policy. The Journal shall focus on comparative and interdisciplinary perspectives of law, society, governance, public policy and human rights. It is our belief that our advocacy programmes will be guided by the views we receive from students, lawyers, civil society activists, academicians and other stakeholders of the society through this platform.
The Journal invites original contributions in the form of articles, essays and case-comments on any of the sub-themes. The submissions will be reviewed on the basis of the quality of interdisciplinary research and contribution towards suggesting a viable solution to the problem.
- Changes needed in the recruitment procedure and service conditions of the Police.
- Police brutality and redressal mechanism.
- Reforms to eliminate corruption and politicization of the Police.
- Use of modern investigation techniques by the Police.
- Police and its interaction with women and juvenile offenders.
- Police reforms vis-a-vis criminal profiling.
- Discretionary power of arrest possessed by the Police.
The authors are requested to adhere to the guidelines given below:
- Word Limit:
Articles: 4000 – 6000 words
Essays: 3000 – 4000 words
Case-comments: 2500 – 3000 words
The body of the submission must be in Times New Roman font, size 12, with 1.5 line spacing. All pages are requested to be numbered. The footnotes shall adhere to Times New Roman font, size 10, with 1 line spacing.
- Citation Format: Authors can follow any uniform citation format.
- Co-authoring of contributions is allowed.
- Authors are requested to submit their contributions with a cover-page, abstract and brief details as follows:
- Name of the Institute (if any)and its affiliations
- Postal address
- Email address
- Details of any recent publications
- Article: A comprehensive study of the chosen issue which must be in consonance with the prescribed themes and must indicate to a concern that compels attention.
- Essay: A concise study that exhibits the author’s opinions on the contemporary issue in consonance with the prescribed themes.
- Case-comment: A case-comment is an analysis of a landmark judgment which exfoliates both the follies and the perks. It analyses the impact of the judgment through research and observations.
- The authors are requested to make their submissions latest by 00:59 p.m.onSunday, 6th July, 2014, to [email protected]
- All submissions will be thoroughly examined and evaluated by the Editorial Board as well as the Advisory Board.
- The journal will be published in August 2014.
For any queries, kindly contact:
Nikita Sayam (Chief Editor) – 9999811882
Rishi Wadhwa (Editor) – 9873691346
The journal is in the process of acquiring an ISSN (International Standard Serial Number) which is a universally acknowledged code assigned to publications, thereby providing international publicity and recognition to the published serial.