14th-15th December, 2013
Symbiosis International University, Pune
The Symbiosis Institute of International Studies (SIIS) in collaboration with the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.
THEME: India and Development Partnerships in Asia and Africa: Towards a New Paradigm
The growing importance of emerging economies in the world economy calls for a paradigm shift in development cooperation and the pursuit of new, more inclusive partnerships to maximize the impact of all sources of development finance. New forms of South-South cooperation (among developing countries) are gaining ground by bringing to the table not only additional financial resources to fill critical funding gaps (such as in infrastructure) but also developing countries’ own knowledge and experience in addressing development challenges at home.
A new paradigm is clearly discernible in South-South cooperation, for which India’s active role needs to be crystallized. The conference to deal in depth of these.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- senior officials
- eminent academics
- experts in the area of development from a number of countries
- The conference will provide a platform for academicians, researchers, corporates and policy makers to delve into the multifarious aspects of development partnerships.
- The conference will present an opportunity to look into how India’s role in the development landscape has evolved over the past decade, and as a provider of development assistance, what are the distinguishing features of India’s development partnership approach.
- The delegates will get an opportunity to (i) discuss the different ways in which India’s corporate sector has engaged in Asia and Africa (ii) what has been the role of the government, and (iii) how can the civil society be effectively engaged in the same.
- The conference will facilitate discussion of partnerships for inclusive development, especially with the objective of innovating South-South Cooperation.
IMPORTANT DATES :
- Last date for submission of abstracts : 25th August, 2013
- Notification of acceptance of the abstracts: 31st August, 2013
- Last date of submission of full papers: 15th October, 2013
- Notification of acceptance of full papers: 15th November, 2013
- Last date for submission of registration fees : 30th November, 2013
- Authors may choose a theme form Tracks II through VI and upload an abstract after registration.
- All submissions to be made online.
- The abstract should display relevance to the theme and track it is being submitted for .
- The abstract should be typed on a A4 page using Times New Roman font size 12, be double spaced, justified and should not exceed 350 words.
- The abstract must be innovative and original ,i.e., not previously published.
- Upon receipt of the abstract authors will be sent an email confirming the same. The abstract will be then forwarded to the expert panel for review.
- Successful applicants will be notified by email.
- Completed papers will only be included in the Conference after successful payment of registration fees.
- Copyright owner of published papers will be Symbiosis International University.
POST CONFERENCE PUBLICATION:
Selected peer reviewed full-length research papers will be published in Elsevier’s online journal” Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences” indexed in Scopus, ScienceDirect and SciVerse (ISSN: 1877-0428).
|Delegate||INR 7,500.00||USD 350.00|
|Author||INR 5,000.00||USD 200.00|
|Student Delegate||INR 4,000.00||USD 150.00|
|Student Author||INR 2,000.00||USD 75.00|
The following are the payment options available to delegates/ authors:
- Delegates from india may send demand draft in favour of SIIS, IR CONFERENCE 2013,payable at pune to to Symbiosis Institute of International Studies, Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, District: Pune – 412 115.
- All delegates may pay the registration fee using RTGS pay mode or online gateway.
For further information and details please visit: http://www.siisconference.in/about_conference.asp