Date: 29-30, August 2013
Organized by : Department of Economics and Rural Development, Alagappa University, Karaikudi , Tamil Nadu.
Venue: Seminar Hall (Convocation Auditorium).
• Investment patterns of tank irrigation vis-à-vis other sources of irrigation across the states at different plan periods.
• Growth pattern of tank irrigation at the national, state and district level.
• The nexus between rainfall and area under tank irrigation across states in India.
• Climate change and its impact on tank irrigation.
• Determinants of tank irrigation.
• Success stories of well performing tanks in India.
• Water users’ associations and its impact on tank irrigation.
• The losers and gainers of tank irrigation due to its decline.
• Impact of decline of tank irrigation on marginal, small and SC/ST farmers.
• Impact of decline of tank irrigation on wage rate and employment of agricultural labourers.
• The Role of Panchayati Raj on the management of small water bodies.
• Policies on rejuvenating tank irrigation in India.
Abstract deadline : 5th August, 2013.