CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The Centre for Environment and Law, NUALS, Kochi welcomes contributions for the first issue of the Environment and Society Journal that is scheduled to be released in fall, 2013.ELSJ is a student-edited journal published by the Centre for Environment and Law of the National University of Advanced Legal Studies. Kochi.
The journal aims to provide an active forum that inspires academics, researchers, students, judges and practitioners to express and share their experiences and opinions on themes relating to the interface of environment, law and society. Through this effort, the Journal also hopes to fill the lacunae relating to the academic debate on environmental issues among legal circles.
- Articles (between 6000-8000 words including footnotes)
- Short Notes (3000-5000 words including footnotes)
- Book Reviews (1500-2500 words including footnotes)
- Case Comments/Legislative Reviews (1500-2500 words including footnotes)
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:
- All works must be original, undistributed and unpublished. The research papers should not be plagiarized wholly or in part from any sources.
- Articles and Short Notes must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 300 words. No abstract is required for Book Reviews or Case Comments/Legislative Reviews.
- Submissions should adhere to the following format:
- Font – Arial
- Font size -12
- Spacing –Double
- Alignment –Justified
- Margin – One inch on all sides.
- Font – Arial; Font size -10; Spacing – Every Footnote shall be single spaced, but there shall be double spacing between two different Footnotes
- The Submissions should not contain borders, cover pages or title pages.
- References should be footnoted in Harvard Bluebook 19th Edition format.
- Co-authored papers / Papers with multiple authors should not exceed more than TWO authors.
- The electronic copy of submissions has to be made to [email protected]. Please mention the title of the submission once in the beginning of the write up, followed by the author’s name. The Author details including qualifications and institutional affiliations should be provided in the first footnote of the article, referenced from the author’s name below the title of the paper.
- Contributors are required to provide details for correspondence: postal address, phone numbers and email address.
- The Selection criteria focus on the ability of the author to present a critical analysis of a contemporary issue and to propose suitable/appropriate solutions for it.
- An editorial board shall be set up by Centre for Environment and Law, NUALS to take the final decision regarding the publication amongst all the research papers. The decision of the Editorial Committee as regards publication of any articles accepted by it shall be final.
- An intimation regarding selection shall be sent to the author within two-three weeks of the submission of their papers.
- The copyright in the individual articles shall at all times remain vested in contributors and NUALS, Kochi shall hold copyright over all published materials.
The submission deadline is 31st August 2013.
For queries, you can drop a mail at [email protected].