The 55th Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE) is being conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi and Prof. Jayati Ghosh, Chairperson, Centre for Economic Studies and Planning (CESP), School of Social Sciences (SSS), JNU will preside over the Conference.
Dates of the Conference: 16-18 December 2013
Venue: Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Social Inclusion and the Labour Market
- Changing Patterns of Rural Labour in India
- Labour Regulation in Indian Industry
Submission of Papers:
- Those who wish to contribute papers may send papers along with a summary of about 1000 words to: the Hon. Secretary, Indian Society of Labour Economics, NIDM Building, IIPA Campus, I.P. Estate, New Delhi – 110002, India.
- The soft copies in MS Word may be emailed to: [email protected] with a copy to: [email protected].
- Those who want an early communication on the acceptance of their papers should request for early information in this regard while sending their papers.
- The summaries of the selected papers will be brought out as a publication of conference summaries to be distributed among the Conference participants, along with a CD of the complete papers.
- Selected and revised papers based on peer reviews will be published in subsequent issues of the Indian Journal of Labour Economics.
Best Paper Awards:
- Two awards have been instituted for best paper writers, below 40 years: Ruddar Datt Memorial Award andSanjay Thakur Young Labour Economist Award (carrying prize money of Rs. 10,000 each).
- Those willing to be considered for the awards are requested to send their date of birth along with the single authored paper before the deadline.
- Registration fee may be made in favour of “2013 ISLE ANNUAL CONFERENCE”, payable at State Bankof India, JNU New Campus Delhi, 110067 and should be sent to the local organizing secretary Professor Praveen Jha,Chairperson, Centre for Informal Sector Informal Sector and Labour Studies, School of Social Science, JNU, New Delhi- 110 067with soft copy to [email protected]
- Membership fee (Rs.400-annual;Rs 4000-life;US$ 75- for those from developing countries and US$125- for those from othercountries) may be made through DD/local cheque in favour of “The Indian Society of Labour Economics”, payable at New Delhi,along with the application form to ISLE office by 30 November 2013.
- Beside participation in pre-conference event (which has been planned at 1.30 p.m. – 7 p.m. on 15 December, 2013) and all thesessions of the conference, registration will entitle the participant to avail modest boarding, lodging, conference kit and all theissues of the Indian Journal of Labour Economics of 2013.
- Last Date for Submission of Papers: 31 October 2013
- Communication from ISLE about acceptance of Papers: 15 November 2013
- Last date of registration: 30 November 2013
For registration and reservation of accommodation for the conference, please contact:
Conference Local Joint Organising Secretaries: Dr. Avinash Kumar (mob:9811785495) and Dr. Himanshu (mob: 9891387312), Centrefor Informal Sector and Labour Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi- 110067, India at [email protected]
For further details visit: http://www.isleijle.org/NormalView.asp?m_id=135