Date: 27th – 29th December, 2013
The Department of Studies and Research in Sociology, Karnataka State Open University, Mysore (Karnataka)
Theme: Inequality, Social Justice and Empowerment
Symposium – I (International)
Globalization, State and Social Inequality
Symposium – II (BRICS)
Dynamics of Globalization, Development and Social Justice in BRICS Countries
Symposium – III
Development and Social Justice: Issues, Impediments and Responses
Symposium – IV
Inequality, Development and Inclusion: Empowering the Marginalized
Symposium – V
“Society, Culture and Economy in Karnataka”
- Abstract Submission: September 30, 2013
- Acceptance of the abstract will be communicated by the respective RC Conveners by October 15, 2013.
- The RC Conveners are requested to send an edited copy of the accepted abstracts of paper presenters not later than October 30, 2013
- The abstract of the paper in not more than 200 words should be submitted to the RC Conveners preferably by e-mail (with its copy to the President, ISS at “Prof. Ishwar Modi”) in the Abstract Form.
- Each abstract should carry the ISS membership number of the participant and the name and the number of the RC to which it is being submitted.
- The ISS member (Life/Ordinary/Student) who have paid the RC Membership Fee (Rs.400/-for 2 years and Rs. 800/-for 5 years) per Research Committee are entitled to present papers in the Conference.
- Those who intend to present their papers in the Conference are requested to submit the abstracts of their papers through any of the 23 Research Committees (RCs) and Ad hoc Groups of the Indian Sociological Society.
- Since all the paper presentations at the Conference (except those in the Symposia) will be made in the sessions of respective RCs, the paper presenters are advised to contact the Conveners of the RCs concerned for submission of the abstracts and for additional information that they may require.
- No abstract will be accepted for publication after the deadline.
Participants of the Conference -delegates, their accompanying persons and paper presenters-will have to register themselves for the Conference by paying the prescribed Registration Fee.
The host university would provide accommodation only to those delegates who would register up to November 30 for three nights, i.e., from December 26 evening to December 29 evening only.
For further details and information visit: http://www.insoso.org/pdf2013/aisc_XXXIX_2013.pdf