The Amity Society for International Law (ASIL), Amity Law School Delhi invites papers for presentation from students, experts, lawyers, academicians from India and abroad.
The paper should be original and contemporary.
Themes for the conference
Followings are the broad themes, though any topic, which does not fall within the given themes, may be accepted as per the discretion of the Panel of Experts. Every abstract and paper will be reviewed before the final selection for presentation.
- International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights Law (Including Environmental law)
- International Trade and WTO Laws (including Investment Law)
- Law of the Seas
- Dispute Resolution in International Law
- International Law and Cyber Laws
- International Law and Intellectual Property Rights
- International Space Law and Air Law
- International Organizations
- Comparative Law
- Nuclear Energy Law
- Extradition and Asylum
- Teaching and Research of International Law in India
Through this conference, the aim is to increase understanding about public international law and
the questions that arise while dealing with relations between nations. The objective of the
Conference is to bring experts and interested parties of international law and provide them a
platform where they can discuss and debate the contemporary and challenging issues of public
Abstract Submission: 11th July 2014
Notification of Selection: 29th July 2014
Submission of Final Paper: 11th September 2014
Dates for the Conference: 11th and 12th October 2014
The author(s)/researcher(s) have to submit the abstract by the stipulated date. Based on the
abstract, the author(s)/researcher(s) will be informed about the selection and will be asked to
submit the full paper. The Abstract should include:
1. Title of the Abstract and Theme
2. Name, Designation and Institution of Author(s)/Researcher(s), Email, Contact number
3. Abstract (Issues, Methodology, Value-addition and Usefulness of the research)
4. The Abstract limit is up to 300 words. It must be typewritten in the Times New
Roman, 12 Points, Line Spacing: 1.5 and justified alignment. No Footnotes shall be
provided in the abstract.
5. Key words (5-6)
6. All abstracts are to be submitted at [email protected] in .doc or .docx format
with the subject titled as ‘ABSTRACT: YOUR NAME(s) AND COLLEGE.’
The selected author(s)/researcher(s) will have to submit full paper by the stipulated date. The
paper should have the cover page that will include:
1. Title of the paper
3. The Final Paper limit shall be not less than 3500 words and not more than 5000
words and must be typewritten in the Times New Roman, 12 Points, Line
Spacing: 1.5 and justified alignment. All footnotes shall be in in the Times New
Roman, 10 Points, Line Spacing: 1 and justified alignment.
4. Name, Designation and Institution of Author(s)/Researcher(s), Email, Contact number
5. All full papers are to be submitted at [email protected] in .doc or .docx format
with the subject titled as ‘FULL PAPER: YOUR NAME(s) & COLLEGE’
Review of Abstracts and Full Papers
1. Submissions shall be reviewed by a distinguished panel of impartial judges and
academicians. Submissions will be judged anonymously.
2. The submissions must be original and unpublished works of the authors. They should not
be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
3. Plagiarism of any nature will attract immediate disqualification.
4. The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein
shall be the intellectual property of the Amity Law Review and Amity Law School,
5. The organizers reserve the right to reject entries that do not conform to the aforesaid
Every paper should follow the Oxford University Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities
(OSCOLA) for footnotes style. The citation method is available at:
Registration Fee for Indian Nationals
Students/PhD Scholars/ Researchers: Registration on or before 19/09/2014: 1000 + 1000 (for accompanying person) ; Registration after 19/09/2014: 1500 + 1000 (for accompanying
Teachers: Registration on or before 19/09/2014: 1500 + 1000 (for accompanying person), Registration after 19/09/2014: 2000 + 1000 (for accompanying person)
Experts/Lawyers/Judges: Registration on or before 19/09/2014: 2500 +1000 (for accompanying
person) ; Registration after 19/09/2014: 3000 + 1000 (for accompanying person)
Registration Fee for Non-Indians
Nationals of SAARC Countries: Registration on or before 19/09/2014-USD$30 + USD$20 (for
accompanying person); Registration after 19/09/2014-USD$40 + USD$20 (for
Non-SAARC Counties: Registration on or before 19/09/2014-USD$50 + USD$30 (for accompanying person)
Registration after 19/09/2014-USD$60 + USD$30 (for accompanying person)
Indian Authors who’s papers will be selected shall pay through a demand draft in the name of
‘Amity Law School, Delhi’ payable at New Delhi.
Payment Details to Non-Indian Authors who’s papers will be selected shall be intimated in
due course of time.
PUBLICATION AND CERTIFICATES
1. The selected full papers will be reviewed separately for publication in Amity Law
Review, which is a reputed national law journal with an ISSN number.
2. All authors who get selected to participate in the conference shall be awarded certificates.
Mr. Mehul Parti- (+91) 9910015003
Mr. Mohit Khubchandani- (+91) 9871606291
For any queries, please feel free to write at [email protected]