Theme: ‘Law’ based on ethnographic fieldwork.
Date: 13th -14th January, 2014
Department of Anthropology, University of Copenhagen and Institute of Culture and Society/Contemporary Ethnography, Aarhus University.
In many ways, the contemporary world is defined by law. The MEGA seminar 2014 invites panels and papers that explore the plural, ambivalent lives of law(s)—legal, natural, moral, social—and the way the law intersects with those actors (human as well as non-human) who are made its subjects. MEGA seminars will be held every other year.
Deadline: 4 September 2013
Who can participate?
- The new MEGA seminar is a research seminar for Ph.D.’s and researchers.
- The organisers also hope that as many anthropologists as possible will join for this revival of the MEGA Seminar
Propose a panel or paper:
- Submission proposals are invited that would explore and analyze aspects of ‘Law’ based on ethnographic fieldwork.
- Proposals for a panel should include 3-5 panel members, a common title and a 250 word abstract, outlining the theme(s) to be discussed and central questions.
- Proposals for an individual paper should include a title and a 250 word abstract, outlining the main theme and raising central questions that can be addressed.
- All proposals and paper should be sent to Astrid Cermak at [email protected]
Download Call for papers : http://cas.au.dk/fileadmin/cas/forskning/Forskningsprogrammer/Pdf/Call_for_papers_MEGA_2014_2.pdf