About Child Rights Blog
The Child Rights Blog, an initiative of DEVISE, is a dedicated space for students, academicians, practitioners, functionaries working closely with children, etc. to engage with matters related to children’s rights. Through this engagement, the Blog aims to encourage interdisciplinary research on contemporary and pressing issues related to children’s rights.
DEVISE – Developing Inclusive Education, is a charitable organization, which aims to facilitate the inclusion of the children, from the underprivileged and marginalized sections of the society, into the larger arena of education by equipping them with a functional understanding of English language. It also aims to equip children with a basic understanding of their legal rights.
Call for Articles
We encourage submissions on a rolling basis on a wide range of child rights issues, including the right to education, child labour, juvenile justice, alternative care, institutional care, child sexual abuse, mental health and development of children, child health and nutrition, refugee and migrant children, children of prisoners, etc.
- The submissions should be of 700 to 1200 words.
- Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of 2 authors.
- The body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman, font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing. The endnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing. The text alignment should be justified.
- The Authors are encouraged to use hyperlinks instead of footnotes and endnotes. Offline materials must be cited in the form of endnotes (Harvard Bluebook 20th Edition).
- The manuscript should be saved in Doc or Docx format.
- We also encourage photo essays as we believe that photos tell us a vivid story about the issues and brings us closer to the reality. Photo essays can contain 5 to 7 images along with a background story of 300-500 words.
- The Submissions should be sent to us at editor [at]childrights [dot]devise [dot]org [dot]in. The subject of the mail should be “Title of the Article” – Blog Submission
- The editors will review the submission within 7 to 10 days. The Authors are also welcome to discuss the preliminary blog pitch with the editors at editor [at]childrights [dot]devise [dot]org [dot]in
- Authors are also requested to submit a short bio of 2-3 sentences. The details may be either attached in a separate document or mentioned in the body of the mail. It must indicate the academic qualifications / post and the name of the university/ institution to which they are affiliated.
- By making the submission, the Authors undertake that the following:
- That the content of the manuscript is not plagiarised.
- That the manuscript has not been published on any other forum already.
For any inquiries concerning the blog, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at editor [at]childrights [dot]devise [dot]org [dot]in
Email ID – [email protected]
For more details, please visit our website here.