Amit K. Kashyap, MBA, LLM, Asst. Professor of Law, Director, Center for Banking Investment & Taxation, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, India
Dr. Anjani Singh Tomar, LLM, PhD, Asst. Professor of Law, Head of Publications, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, India
Call for Chapters
Proposals Submission Deadline: July 30, 2014
Full Chapters Due: September 15, 2014
Submission Date: March 15, 2015
Majority of South Asian countries has shown the development in their Financial markets only after 1980’s with varied pace. The stages of reforms were full of challenges posed by internal market situations and external financial crises like Asian financial crises and US sub-prime crises. According to the South Asia Economic Focus Report of World Bank, South Asia was the second-fastest growing region in the world in the aftermath of the global crisis. While regulatory changes and responsive policy making to the effect of global happenings have been able to address many weaknesses but still have posed slowdown in market indirectly because of decline in receipts of foreign remittances, drying up of international credit markets and a contraction in exports. This also has created challenges to the development of Financial market regulatory structure in south Asia as it is increasingly integrated into a global market in consonance with the needs of The International Organization of Securities Commissions. Along the line of integrating the financial markets & unification in regulatory practices, south Asian nations are captivating varied steps in parallel with international measures.
This book is proposed with an idea to address the difficulties and challenges the regulatory environment of South Asian Financial Markets is facing with analysis of legal issues involved and prospective solutions.
This publication will address the issue of integration of south Asian financial market as well and address various impediments towards this goal and possible resolutions given so far.
Financial market regulators, Policy Makers, Legal Practitioners, academicians, researchers, students, Legislators, bankers, Financial Market Intermediaries, Development Institutions and Government officials will find this text useful in furthering their research exposure to pertinent topics in electronic government and assisting in furthering their own research efforts in this field.
- South Asian Financial Markets: An Overview
- Regulatory Structure of Indian Financial market
- Regulatory Structure of Pakistan Financial market
- Regulatory Structure of Shri Lanka Financial market
- Regulatory Structure of Bangladesh Financial market
- Regulatory Structure of Nepal & Bhutan Financial market
- Regulatory Structure of Afghanistan Financial market
- Regulatory Structure of Maldives Financial market
- Financial Market Regulatory challenges in India
- Financial Market Regulatory challenges in Pakistan
- Financial Market Regulatory challenges in Shri Lanka
- Financial Market Regulatory challenges in Afghanistan
- Financial Market Regulatory challenges in Nepal
- Financial Market Regulatory challenges in Bangladesh
- Financial Market Regulatory challenges in Maldives
- Financial Market Regulatory challenges in Bhutan
- Financial Sector Reforms in South Asian Countries
- Regulatory Reforms towards access to Financial market in South Asia
- Integration of South Asian Financial Market
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit on or before July 30, 2014, a 2-3 page chapter proposal clearly explaining the mission and concerns of his or her proposed chapter. Authors of accepted proposals will be notified by August 15, 2014 about the status of their proposals and sent chapter guidelines. Full chapters are expected to be submitted by September 30, 2015. All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a double-blind review basis. Contributors may also be requested to serve as reviewers for this project. Proposals should be submitted through the link at the bottom of this page.
This book is scheduled to be published by IGI Global (formerly Idea Group Inc.), publisher of the “Information Science Reference” (formerly Idea Group Reference), “Medical Information Science Reference,” “Business Science Reference,” and “Engineering Science Reference” imprints. For additional information regarding the publisher, please visit www.igi-global.com. This publication is anticipated to be released in 2015.
July 30, 2014: Proposal Submission Deadline
August 15, 2014: Notification of Acceptance
September 30, 2014: Full Chapter Submission
November 30, 2014: Review Results Returned
January 30, 2015: Final Acceptance Notification
February 15, 2015: Final Chapter Submission