With the noble vision of expanding the ambit of legal education by sharing a platform for healthy and interactive congregation from various legal fraternities across the Nation, the Faculty of Legal Studies at Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University, the S ‘O’ A NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF LAW, Bhubaneswar organised the first ever edition of the All India Law School Meet – Legal Spectra, in the year 2013. The event was a grand success and it received tremendous participation from 15 major Legal Fraternities across the territory of India.
Aspiring to carry forward the same spirit of interactive learning and sharing of ideas and togetherness and with much hope to achieve even higher amplitude of success the SIKSHA ‘O’ ANUSANDHAN NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF LAW (Faculty of Legal Studies) presents the 2nd edition of All India Law School Meet, “The Legal Spectra, 2014”
The mega event will host 13 major events with Moot Court Competition being its Flagship Event. This year addition of certain new events such as Parliamentary Debate, Client Counselling, Legal Drafting, Rangoli Competition, Street Play, LAN Gaming will definitely glorify the celebration of union of young and aspiring legal minds all across the nation. We take this opportunity to invite you all to be a part of this mega and grand event.
VENUE & DATE
The Legal Spectra 2014 will be held at S’O’A National Institute of Law (SNIL), Bhubaneswar from 04th – 07th September, 2014.
- All Law School/ Faculty of law/ other Institutions recognized by the Bar Council of India, offering a law degree are eligible to participate in the Competition. Only one team comprising of students pursuing undergraduate LLB degrees (3 yrs/ 5 yrs) is allowed to participate from each Law School/ Faculty of law/ other Institutions. However, in case a Law School/ Faculty of law/ other Institutions offering both 3 years and 5 years undergraduate LLB degrees, a maximum of two team per such Law School/ Faculty of law/ other Institutions are permitted to participate.
- Team members must be bonafide students of the Institution they are representing. The Administrator reserves the right to make any inquiries on the same at any time during the Competition. All the members of a team must carry their college identity card / Bonafide Certificate at the time of their arrival.
- Only registered / enlisted participants shall be entitled to participate in the respective events for which their name has been registered. In no case, except in cases of inevitable circumstances, the administration will entertain any change in the registered participants list of a team. The decision of the Host University in aforementioned cases will be final and binding.
TEAM COMPOSITION (GENERAL)
- A team must be composed of a minimum of 6 members and maximum of 12 members. However, any individual participant is allowed to participate in maximum of 3 events, subject to their suitability with the time line of the events. The Administration shall have the right to bring any changes in the time line of events, however any such changes if made, shall be notified to each participating team one hour prior to the commencement of the concerned event.
- Furthermore, participation in any one of the below mentioned events from each team is compulsory:
Moot Court Competition
Parliamentary Debate Competition
Client Counselling Competition
However, teams are free to participate in all of the above mentioned events.
GENERAL RULES & REGULATIONS
- The teams are permitted to participate in the competition on first come- first serve basis. Detailed rules and regulations for each event will be notified on 01st July, 2014 at the official websites (visit: www.legalspectra.com /www.snil.ac.in). Compliance to the rules is mandatory, non compliance of which may result in disqualification of the whole team.
- The Moot Proposition / Problem for Judgment Writing / necessary guidelines for Parliamentary Debate & Client Counselling will be notified on 01st July, 2014 at the official websites (visit: www.legalspectra.com / www.snil.ac.in).
- Clarifications regarding the general rules and regulations may be sought from the organizing committee via e-mail([email protected] /[email protected]) / telecommunication wherever necessary. However any such clarification must be sought at least 24 hours prior to the inaugural ceremony of the LEGAL SPECTRA 2014.
- In case of general doubts or ambiguities with respect to the rules of any event, (if any), the same will be clarified in the form of corrigenda, which will be sent to all teams via e-mails and via notifications in the official websites (visit:www.legalspectra.com / www.snil.ac.in). The decision of the Organizing Committee shall be final and binding on any matter including circumstances not envisaged in the rules and regulations of the competition.
- Awards, prizes, and certificates shall be distributed at the Valedictory function only on 7th September 2013 and the same shall not be given/ sent to any person thereafter under any circumstance. All the participating teams should ensure their presence at Valedictory function.
- The proceedings of all the competitions shall be in English. Participants should conduct themselves during the entire proceedings befitting to the students of the institute. The institute, in its discretion may refrain itself from the conduct of any event and reserves the right to cancel/drop any event, for want of minimum participation.
SOA National Institute of Law (SNIL),
Campus-II, Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University
Kalinga Nagar, SUM Hospital Road, Ghatikia, Bhubaneswar – 751003, Odisha, India
LEGAL SPECTRA 2014
Contact No. – +91- 674 – 6510752 / 2386426
Mobile – +91 – 9438172675 / +91- 9853560704
Prof (Dr) Jayadev Pati , Chairman
Office – +91-674-6510752, Res. – +91-06712547335, +91- 9437228305(M)
Dr. (Mrs) Madhubrata Mohanty, Convenor
Asst. Prof. Chinmaya Kumar Mohapatra, Member
Mr. Hiranmaya Nanda, Member
Mr. Prabhu Prasanna Behera, Member
Mr. Abhishek Choudhary, Student Convenor
Ms. Ritika Ritu, Member
E.Mail – [email protected]
READ THE BROCHURE HERE.