National Law University Odisha (NLUO) and the Intellectual Property Analysis and Advocacy Centre (IPAAC) are organizing the first NLUO-IPAAC National Essay Competition on Intellectual Property Law.
THEME OF THE ESSAY COMPETITION
The theme for this 1st NLUO-IPAAC Essay Competition is:-
“Protection of Intellectual Property in Space related Activities”
- Any student(s) pursuing study of law (LL.B. or LL.M.) and enrolled in a recognized institution/ university can participate in the competition.
- There is no registration fee for the competition.
- Co-authorship is allowed. Two students can author one essay at maximum.
- The essay should be submitted in MS Word file (.doc or .docx format) only.
- The body of the essay must not reveal identification of the author in any manner whatsoever.
- A Cover letter must be attached with the mail which must include following details: 1) Name of the author(s); 2) Name of the institution; 3) Title of the essay; and 4) Author’s contact details which shall include authors’ correspondence address, e-mail address and phone number. (N.B- In case of co-authorship, the covering letter should include details of both the authors.)
- The last date of submission of the essay is 10th July 2014.
- All the submissions shall be mailed to [email protected]. There is no requirement of hard copy submission.
ESSAY SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- An abstract not exceeding 250 words has to be accompanied with the essay.
- The essay should be in following format:
Main Body of the Essay 1) Font type: Times New Roman 2) Font Size: 12 points 3) Line spacing: 1.5 Endnotes 1) Font type: Times New Roman 2) Font size: 10 points 3) Line spacing: 1
- There is no requirement of footnotes in the essay.
- The page margin for whole part of the essay shall be 1 inch on all sides.
- The alignment of the text of the essay except the headings and sub-headings must be justified.
- The essay should not exceed 5000 words, including endnotes. Increase in the word limit shall entail penalty, and therefore, the participants are required to strictly adhere to the word-limit.
- The citation style must conform to ‘Harvard Bluebook Style (19th Edition).’
- Only original work is invited and any kind of plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- Essays published elsewhere or selected for publication elsewhere shall be disqualified.
The result of the competition shall be announced on 16th August 2014. The best three entries, subject to quality check, may be published in Colloquium Opus Law Journal (ISSN No. 2348-1277) Vol. II
ESSAY JUDGMENT RULES
Each essay shall be judged anonymously.
The essay judgment shall follow the following marking rules/scheme:
1) Originality of Idea in Content: 25 marks
2) Quality of Research: 25 marks
3) Argumentation: 25 marks
4) Use of Authorities and Conformity with Citation style: 15 marks
5) Presentation style and Formatting: 10 marks
The top three entries shall be conferred with Merit Certificates and Cash prizes. The details of prize are mentioned herein below:-
1st PRIZE INR 10,000 and Certificate of Merit
2ndPRIZE INR 5,000 and Certificate of Merit
3rd PRIZE INR 3,000 and Certificate of Merit
Faculty Co-ordinators 1) Mr. Amrendra Kumar Ajit Ph. – +919337525123 Email- [email protected]
2) Mr. Rajat Solanki Ph. – +918895725818 Email- [email protected]
Student Co-ordinators 1) Kartikey Gupta Ph. – +919439707137 Email- [email protected]
2) Teesta Mookherjee Ph. – +919831032015 Email- [email protected]
Read the Concept note and Brochure HERE