Participation Certificate to all, Merit Certificates to Top 15
About the Organisation
From the beginning, Lawschole has been driven by the interests and involvement of our incredible and engaged law students. We are a growing law-student forum focused on improving our collection of law school news and opportunities, and enhancing the forum experience. We are a great resource, offering opportunities for students to be active in a variety of topics and to engage with each other in an interesting and safe online environment. It is a forum where law students can share thoughts, seek opinions and advice, and learn something new from other members of the forum.
About the Competition
In an effort of improving the creation and dissemination of legal writing, Lawschole is organising 1st Lawschole Essay Writing Competition to bring into light the views of students on varied aspects of day-to-day life. While pursuing our goals, we commit to engaging with law students so as to ensure the involvement of law students.
- Authors may select the topic of their choice on any current legal issue.
Guidelines to Authors
- The word limit is 1500 words, exclusive of footnotes.
- Co-authorship is allowed to a maximum of 2 authors only.
- The essay writing competition is open to students enrolled in any graduate or postgraduate course.
- The submission must be made in .doc or .docx format only.
- The content should be the original work of the writer and should not have been given to any other competition or for any publication. Plagiarised content shall not be entertained.
- Judgment shall be based on the quality of the content and uniqueness.
- No extension in deadline shall be allowed.
The formatting guidelines to be followed are:
- Font size: 12
- Font: Times New Roman
- Alignment: Justified
- Line spacing: 1.15
Registration amount is Rs. 100 for Single Author and Rs. 150 for Co-authorship. Co-authorship is allowed to a maximum of 2 authors. Participants can submit the Registration fee via PayTm UPI Money Transfer, Bhim UPI, or Gpay. Please refer the document attached below for payment details.
After the payment, all the participant(s) must fill the registration form attached and attach a screenshot, and mail it at email@example.com.
Submission can be made at firstname.lastname@example.org
The last date for submission of essay is 15th July 2020.
Awards and Merit
- 1st Prize: Rs. 500 + e-Certificate of Achievement + Free Publication of Essay on our website + an opportunity to get an article published in the Lawschole’s E- Magazine for free.
- 2nd Prize: e-Certificate of Achievement + Free Publication of Essay at our website + an opportunity to get an article published in the Lawschole’s E- Magazine for free.
- Top 15 Essays will be provided with the e-Merit Certificate and an opportunity to get an article published in the Lawschole’s E- Magazine for free.
- All participants are entitled to receive e-participation certificates..
- Deadline for registration: 10th July 2020
- Deadline for submission: 15th July 2020
- Declaration of the result: 19th July 2020
- Issuance of e-certificate: 25th July 2020
For any further queries please feel free to reach us at email@example.com