Haqdarshak is a social enterprise working to make welfare schemes more accessible to citizens by creating a multi-state, multi-lingual, mobile technology platform that helps citizens discover, apply for, and benefit from, government and private schemes that they qualify for. They can use the platform through a local trained facilitator, the ‘Haqdarshak’, or themselves, on payment of a small service fee, which makes it financially sustainable. The promoters have immense experience in entrepreneurship and grassroots work in this area.
The ‘Haqdarshaks’, as they are called, are people from the community and working on incentive based model where the income is based on number of citizens assisted in availing benefits of schemes. In 2015, we completed our research for States like Delhi, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu with a pilot of about 200 families in urban. From 2016 onwards, our focus is directed towards research of schemes for Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Tamil Nadu and Delhi, for Central Government, State Government as well as private schemes.
The organization has entered into multiple partnerships with government (Rajasthan, Haryana) and corporate organizations (Tata Trust, Swadesh, JPAL, Save the Children, MAVIM, Basix, Center for Social Justice (CSJ) amongst many others) to roll out the services. We want to touch a million lives in the next one year through the effective use of technology and using a network of people of on the ground. The organization has won multiple awards indifferent platforms organized by MyGov, Deity, Sankalp Global Innovation forum, TIE Bangalore, Harvard SAI IIT Delhi, amongst others.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Minimum graduate (in any discipline)
- Must be well versed with local language (read and write) of the State that the candidate is placed at. For eg. – Tamil would be a Must for location in Tamil Nadu.
- Determined and motivated to reach targets and meet tight deadlines
- The role will demand regular travel for department visits, meeting the HDs and citizens and travel between districts. Selected candidate should be willing to based out of assigned districts.
- Need to work in close coordination with the team and the Line Manager
Fixed stipend of ₹ 5,000/- per month for a full time internship (min 40 hours per week).
There are openings for the following locations:
Delhi, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Haryana, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Uttar
Pradesh and Gujarat.