In the same series, INBA under the patron-ship of Shri KTS Tulsi [Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India] is organizing an International Conference on “Criminal Justice in India” on 25th November, 2016 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
Theme: One of the most intractable problems since independence has been the gradual increase in the delay of criminal cases in the country. There is adequate evidence to support the view that delay in disposal of criminal cases has a direct bearing on the declining conviction, adulteration and piracy flourishes because of failure of criminal justice to decide cases between a reasonable time.
Students can choose from one of the five topics:
- Death Penalty – what is rarest of rare?
- Modernisation of police stations
- Modernisation of criminal courts
- Bail or jail- can we have clarity
- Plea bargaining
RULES FOR SUBMISSION:
- The word limit for the paper is 4000 – 5000 words (excluding footnotes).
- It shall be required from each person to submit ONLY soft copy via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- The email should carry subject as, “Paper Submission: Criminal Justice in India”
- Each submission email should contain the paper as well as scanned copy of Student ID card as issued by the institution.
- The cover page of the paper should contain the following details only:
- Name of Participant
- Contact Number
- Email ID
- Course and Year of Study
- Permanent Address
- Title of the Paper
- Abstract of the Paper (250 words)
The main body of the paper should not carry any mention of the name, contact details, or the name of the institution. In any other case, its haled to immediate disqualification.
- Co-authorship is not permitted.
- Format of paper should be as per the rules of the conference.
- The soft copy of the paper should be submitted in MS Word file (.doc/.docx).
- All students are expected to acknowledge the primary source(s) of information.
- Multiple entries by an individual shall not be permitted, and shall lead to disqualification.
- Last date of Submission shall be 15th November 2016.
- The result for the submission shall be declared on 20th November 2016.
- The submission shall be open to all students pursuing LL.B (3-year or 5-year Law Course) and LL.M programs from any institution recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- Any paper found to be plagiarized shall be disqualified. (Max. limit 20%)
- The participants are responsible for the originality of the work and agree to indemnify INBA from and against any claims, suits and damages based on any claim of copyright infringement or plagiarism or unauthorized use.
- If at any point in time it comes to light that an infringement or plagiarism has taken place the certificates issued will be revoked.
- Any previously published material shall not be accepted.
- Footnotes may not be substituted as endnotes, for it shall lead to disqualification.
- Copyright to all the papers sent as entries for this submission shall rest with INBA; however, authors shall be given due credit in the by-line.
- INBA, assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed or incomplete entries or technical malfunction.
- INBA Student Section shall provide soft copies of the Certificates of Participation to all authors via email; no hard copies shall be made available.
- INBA, reserves the absolute right to cancel, defer, or postpone indefinitely, the conferencing the event of the accruing of any incident, natural or man-made.
- INBA reserves all rights to modify any of the above mentioned terms and conditions as they deem appropriate.
- If there arises any situation that is not contemplated in the Rules, or any disputes arising in connection with eligibility, submissions of entry, marketing criteria, results; the decision on the same by organising committee, INBA shall be final and binding.
A team posing dynamic and enterprising ability is working around the clock to ensure the paper submission is executed and achieved, to spell out a spotless performance. For any information or clarifications you may contact:
Ms. Archana Agarwal
Indian National Bar Association
We would be contactable from Monday to Friday – 10 am to 6 pm on the details mentioned above. On this note, we wish you Best of Luck and look forward to your submissions.