Centre for Child Rights, National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam in collaboration with UNICEF is launching a ‘6 Months Diploma Course in Child Rights and Law’ for students, advocates and stakeholders working in the area of child rights and with children.
In this course the participants will explore critical issues concerning the rights of children from a multidisciplinary approach. The objective of this course is to enhance the understanding of the participants on various International Instruments and Mechanism pertaining to child rights and also to increase their understanding on various Legislation, Policies and existing systems and structure pertaining to Children in India, vis-à-vis to build a better understanding on the Child Rights Scenario in the Country.
The course is designed in such a manner that all participants will have a nuanced idea of various International Human Rights and Child Rights Instruments and Mechanisms, Policies and Conventions, children’s right under the Indian Constitution and other Legislation pertaining to children, understanding of Child Psychology and Child Development and exposure visits for direct interaction with children, so as to understand the ways of working with children.
- Who can enroll and Methodology
Anybody who has a keen interest in working with children and issues of children can join this diploma course. The candidate should be enrolled in graduation, graduate or above. The mode of education will be web-based through an online platform, wherein all reading materials and coordinates of faculties will be shared with students.
There will be an induction programme at the beginning of commencement of the course, followed by 15 hours of contact classes.
- Important Information
- Total Intake: 30
- Course Fees: Rs. 3000/- (via demand draft or cheque in favour of National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam payable at Guwahati)
- Duration: 6 Months (can be extendable to 9 months with prior permission)
- Induction Programme is compulsory for all students
- Contact Classes: 15-20 Hours (during weekends)
- Last Date of submitting Application Form with requisite fees: 10th April, 2018
- Contact: Centre for Child Rights, Room No 204, Administrative Block, National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam, Amingaon, Hajo Road, Guwahati PIN-781031, Emai Id: [email protected]
- Important Links: Concept Note, Application Form, Official Website