Umeed Initiative’s Advanced Online Certificate Course on RTI
We are pleased to announce an Advanced Online Certificate Course on Right to Information to be held from 22nd September 2014. The course will be conducted over a three month period and will include exhaustive modules, interactive sessions with experts and practical information on the use of Right to Information for social issues advocacy. The course is open for students, Advocates, teachers, social activists and other professionals.
Methodology and Course Contents
- Right to Information – Significance and its relationship with good governance
- Right to Information under the Act- Meaning and Scope
- Scope and Meaning of Public Authorities under the RTI Act.
- Constitution of Central and the State Information Commissions
- Filing Complaints, appeals etc under the Act
- Constraints in the dispensation of Information.
- Practical perspective on Right to Information
- Use of Right to Information for Social Issues Advocacy- A Guide for Social Activists
The course will be divided into 4 modules spread over 8 weeks. The students will be given 4 assignments to complete during the course. Certificates will be awarded to the students who secure above 60% marks[in aggregate]. At the end of the course, the students will be required to file an RTI Application.
Registration Fee : Rs 500/-
The participation shall be restricted to the first hundred students that register. The payment details shall be communicated only to the selected participants.
September 10th 2014 – Last date to register
September 15th 2014 – Deadline for submission of DD
September 22nd 2014- Commencement of the Course
Visit this link (http://www.umeedinitiative.org/page.php?id=16) for more details
Visit this link (http://www.umeedinitiative.org/page.php?id=19) to access the registration form