1st KCIA Essay Competition on International Arbitration is open for students pursuing LAW in India.
- Each participant is allowed to submit only one entry; Joint entries shall not be permitted.
- There is No registration fee for the competition.
- To participate in this competition, the students will have to submit the soft copy of registration form (Annexure – 1) along with the essay (soft copy) on or before 17thOctober, 2014 by 23:59 HRS at email@example.com.
- The last date for submission of the essay and registration form (Hard copy) is 20thOctober 2014. However, the submission of the essay will be accepted till two days after the last date of submission has lapsed, with a penalty of 2 marks each day.
- All hard copies entries along with the registration form should be sent to:
Mojahid Karim Khan
Coordinator, KCIA 1st Essay Competition
School of Law, KIIT University
Campus – 16, Patia
Pin: 751 024
Contact: (+91) 80931 27332
- The essay can be submitted in any version of MS Word only.
- The essay must contain an Abstract, not exceeding the limit of 200 words, whereby the key issues are mentioned and the foremost conclusions are set out.
- Apart from the cover page, no part of the essay should contain any form of identification of the participant.
- Co- authorship is not allowed.
- The participants may choose to write on any topic within the ambit of the broader theme of the competition mentioned below.
- The Submission must not exceed3000 words (Including footnotes).
- Any violation of the prescribed word limit will result in apenalty of 1 mark per 20 words.
- All submissions must be original and bona fide work of the participants.
- The contestants by entering in the contest agree to indemnify the organizers from and against all claims, suits, and damages based on any claim of copyright infringement or plagiarism or unauthorized use.
- All entries shall be considered to be the property of the KIIT Centre for International Arbitration, which also reserves the right of publication of the same in any book, journal, or in any other manner as it may deem appropriate, without providing any royalty or compensation.
- The essay should not be submitted for any other competition and/or for publication whatsoever.
- All the essays should follow the specifications as mentioned in the following pages.
- The content of the essay should be inTimes New Roman.
- Font size should be12 for the text and 10 for the footnotes.
- Line spacing between two lines and a paragraph should be5 for the body and 1 spacing for footnotes.
- Participants should useHarvard Blue Book 19th Edition as the uniform footnoting style.
- The decision of the review board with regards to evaluation of the essay shall be final.
- Winner:Winner of the competition will receive cash prize of 10,000 and gift hampers from sponsors.
- Runners Up:The runners- up of the competition will receive cash prize of
- 7,000 and gift hampers from sponsors.
- 2ndRunners Up: The 2nd runners- up of the competition will receive cash prize of
- 5,000 and gift hampers from sponsors.
- Top Tenchosen entries will be given Appreciation Notes from the Chief Patron of KCIA, J Martin Hunter, Barrister, Essex Court Chambers, London
Contact us for any queries:
1.Mojahid Karim Khan – (+91) 80931 27332
2.Sri Krishna – (+91) 80187 36460